NEW YORK – As the Blue Jays venture into Yankee Stadium for an important three-game series with their foes in pinstripes, there

in Müll 09.04.2018 10:29
von jokergreen0220 (gelöscht)

NEW YORK – As the Blue Jays venture into Yankee Stadium for an important three-game series with their foes in pinstripes, there are a number of storylines to latch on to before considering who will take the mound for Toronto on Tuesday night. Sebastian Perez Jersey . Its the first-place Blue Jays against the team closest to them in the American League East. Toronto enters the series with a four-and-a-half game lead on the Yankees. Its another chance, the second of what will be as many as six, to wave goodbye to New Yorks future Hall of Fame shortstop, Derek Jeter. Here in New York, the dulcet voice of the late, great public address announcer, Bob Sheppard, brings No. 2 to the plate. Jose Reyes is back in New York, too. He made his name over in Queens playing for the Mets. R.A. Dickey is here but wont pitch. He won the Cy Young award two seasons ago on the other side of the city. Oh, and dont forget about the Blue Jays rookies mound opponent on this Tuesday: a rookie himself, technically, the Japanese phenom Masahiro Tanaka, whos dominated the early days of his major league career like he dominated for years back home. Then there is Marcus Stroman. Its strange that this, essentially a homecoming for a young man raised in the Long Island town of Medford, is somewhat lost in the shuffle. Hes the 23-year-old who stunned general manager Alex Anthopoulos, blowing his bubble gum in the middle of his windup. The kid seems born for the spotlight, even if it will shine more brightly on others. "Im usually pretty good with dealing with things like that," Stroman said on Sunday. "I dont let anything get to me or get me overly excited or kind of get me out of my game. Im fine. Im in a good place mentally. I feel good going into it. I have kind of an off-day just to hang out with friends in the city and then it will be Game on Tuesday." Medford is a sleepy town, according to Stroman, more than an hour from New York City. Its closer to the upscale Hamptons, a drive of about 45 minutes. Medford has one high school, Patchogue-Medford High School, which Stroman attended before moving on to college at Duke University. The town will awaken this evening. Many of its inhabitants, in fact, will venture to Yankee Stadium to watch the hometown boy pitch. Stroman has purchased up to 70 tickets for close family and friends. He said hes been told by another 50 or 60 people theyve bought ducats. Hell have a throng of about 130 people here rooting him on. "Anytime you have an opportunity to pitch in front of a bunch of family and friends, its exciting," said Stroman. "I should have a lot of – a bunch of people texting me, bunch of friends from high school, college, a lot of people reaching out to me saying theyre going to be at the game so thats always exciting to pitch in front of people whove been there along the way." Stroman is 3-1 in his first year in the big leagues, 2-1 as a starter. Hes gone six innings in each of his first three starts, losing his last outing against the Twins. In two of those appearances, including the Minnesota defeat, he didnt walk a batter. He has impressed with his fastball. His breaking stuff, particularly his curveball, has baffled opposing hitters. Hes developing his changeup. Hes not developing confidence. He already has it. His coaches brag about it. "I certainly dont see him as a guy whos going to nibble and pitch around guys," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Hes definitely on the attack. His walks have been down and I would like to think that thats going to continue with him. He certainly trusts his stuff. Theres no doubt about that." Growing up, Stroman went to Yankees games at the old stadium and saw the Mets at Shea. He didnt cheer for either team. He admired players. Like most native New Yorkers, he watched Jeter in awe. On Tuesday night, hell pitch to Jeter. He doesnt know what to expect. "I cant even tell you," said Stroman. "Im sure itll settle in once Im kind of on the mound but Im pretty sure it will be surreal." Dayro Moreno Jersey . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers. Custom Colombia Jerseys . -- Blake Griffin scored 32 points and grabbed eight rebounds, DeAndre Jordan had 14 points and 22 rebounds and the Los Angeles Clippers outlasted the Golden State Warriors 98-96 on Thursday night to take a 2-1 lead in their first-round series. http://www.soccercolombiamart.com/world-cup-carlos-sanchez-moreno-football-jersey/ . The New York Rangers centre had a goal and two assists in a 4-1 victory over the Ottawa Senators ending a 13-game goal-scoring drought.TORONTO - Ricky Ray and Chad Owens delivered a most improbable comeback win for the Toronto Argonauts.Rays 69-yard TD strike to Owens with 1:14 remaining in regulation time earned the Argos a stunning 34-33 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday night. Ray found a wide-open Owens, who then managed to evade defender Erik Harris for the game-winning touchdown.However, the big play almost never was. Owens said he stumbled shortly after making the catch, which allowed Harris to make up ground on the Argos slotback.I got excited as soon as I caught it, I went to turn and almost lost my footing . . . so I gave him a chance to kind of recover, Owens said. Hats off to Harris for finishing that play, Im just glad I had enough juice left to take it all the way.Its the biggest win of the season. Every game from here on out is the biggest game of the season. We have to have that mentality to the Grey Cup, its a must-win game the rest of the way.Toronto (6-8) outscored Hamilton 21-3 in the fourth to erase a 30-13 third-quarter deficit and claim its third straight win. The Argos also moved into a first-place tie with the Ticats (6-8) in the East Division, two points ahead of the idle Montreal Alouettes (5-8).Toronto also evened the season series with Hamilton, with the two teams meeting again at Rogers Centre on Oct. 2. But what Fridays victory means is the Argos will again have the chance to play for first in the East next weekend when they host the Alouettes.The contest wasnt a gem by any means as both teams combined for 30 penalties for 331 yards and five turnovers.Such a frustrating night for most of the night but theres some character underneath the mistakes, said Toronto head coach Scott Milanovich. Weve got a ton to clean up but we survived for another week and have a chance to play Montreal for first place again.The guys in the locker-room are happy with that win but understand that wasnt our best effort tonight, hopefully.Ray was outstanding for Toronto, completing 34-of-46 passes for 431 yards and three TDs. He also scored on a one-yard run with 2:07 remaining that pulled the Argos to within 33-27.We obviously didnt play our best game but we had to fight through that, Ray said. We just hung in there and made the plays when we needed to.John Chiles had eight catches for 123 yards, both game highs. Owens finished with six receptions for 109 yards.Following Owens TD, Hamilton took over on its own 51 following Terrell Sinkfields 45-yard kickoff. The Ticats needed roughly 14 yards to give Justin Medlock a solid shot at the game-winning field goal but turned the ball over on downs with 38 seconds remaining when the third-down snap sailed past quarterback Zach Collaros.We were up 17 in the game, they have a Hall of Fame quarterback and great players, Collaros said. We had to stay on the field longer . . .. Victor Ibarbo Borre Jersey. they did a good job of keeping us off it.Sinkfield had a bitter-sweet contest against his former team. He accumulated 216 all-purpose yards but lost two fumbles and earned a stern reprimand from Austin for showboating towards the Toronto bench on a punt return. The coach gave me a good talking to, Sinkfield said.The loss tarnished a solid showing by Collaros, who finished 23-of-32 passing for 302 yards and two TDs. He also added 55 yards rushing and a touchdown on seven carries.Moissis Madu was Hamiltons receiving leader with six catches for 87 yards before sustaining an undisclosed injury that left the Ticats without a running back late in the contest. Andy Fantuz had seven receptions for 77 yards and a TD.Collaross pinpoint 22-yard touchdown strike to Luke Tasker at 11:34 of the third staked Hamilton to a commanding 30-13 lead. It came a play after Torontos Branden Smith dropped a sure pick-six when he couldnt corral Collaross pass in the flats.The contest involving arch rivals battling for top spot in the East Division drew a sparse but energetic gathering of 17,811 at Rogers Centre with the roof closed. By comparison, 16,279 fans watched the Toronto Raptors play the Boston Celtics in their first home pre-season game at the Air Canada Centre.But Hamilton let Toronto hang around by trying to be too cute. Delano Johnson recovered Sinkfields fumble on an attempted end around at the Ticats 35-yard line. Ray converted with a six-yard TD pass to Steve Slaton just 54 seconds later to cut the visitors lead to 30-20.I just lost it, Sinkfield said of his fumble.The turnover was big for Toronto, though.It just allowed us to creep closer, Milanovich said. I think it was a little easier for everyone to keep believing when we cut it to 10.That, for sure kind of kept us in the game and kept our guys believing.Hamilton suffered its first loss in five games and just its second in seven since Collaross return. He missed five starts earlier this year due to concussion-like symptoms.Collaros guided Hamilton to a 13-12 win over Toronto in his first game back Sept. 1, which was also the inaugural contest at Tim Hortons Field. The Ticats are 4-0 at the new facility.Medlock finished with three converts and four field goals.Spencer Watt scored the other Toronto TD. Waters booted the convert and two field goals.NOTES — Rays TD strike to Slaton was his 68th as an Argo, moving him into fourth on the clubs all-time list . . . Receiver LaVon Brazill and offensive lineman Jarriel King didnt dress for Toronto. Defensive back Emanuel Davis and offensive lineman Jeremy Lewis were Hamiltons scratches . . . With Brazill out, Chiles made his first start since July for Toronto . . . Hamilton came into the weekend having had 82 different players on its roster, most on the CFL. Toronto is second with 76. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 20 Gäste , gestern 69 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 647 Themen und 3936 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 229 Benutzer (04.06.2023 00:22).

disconnected Kadett C Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0