David Hearn is a little light on major championship experience, having played just three previous times in the big four tourname

in Müll 04.04.2018 08:41
von jokergreen0220 (gelöscht)

David Hearn is a little light on major championship experience, having played just three previous times in the big four tournaments. Howie Kendrick Jersey . And hes also quite green when it comes to links golf, as in hes never been on a next-to-the-sea course. Heck, hed never even been to Europe before the charter plane from the John Deere touched down on Monday morning. Even that was a bit of a last-minute decision as Hearn was on the alternate list, moving up spot by spot until he reached the first position before he decided to make the trip. So its safe to say that the golfer from Brantford, Ont., has immersed himself in all things links in his short time here; call it a major cram session. "Its been a lot of fun for me," said Hearn, who got into the field late Tuesday after former champion Mark Calcavecchia pulled out. "Its different than anything Ive seen. Coming over here I definitely have a lot to learn quickly, but Im trying not to do too much, too fast. Im just trying to take it a little bit at a time." As first alternate, Hearn was treated with complete access to the course and all other amenities afforded to the players in the field. He walked the course on Monday and then played a practice round Tuesday and 14 holes Wednesday. He was impressed with Royal Liverpool and the demands it placed on shotmaking. "Ive just enjoyed this style of golf," he said while being pelted with a light rain that fell Wednesday. "Theres not a single tree on this property and its been a lot of fun just trying to hit some creative shots." The biggest challenge for Hearn this week is obviously adapting to the golf course. Its truly unlike anything hes played before in a tournament and while hes having fun, hes also getting to experience something very new. "Our firmest courses that we play in North America arent even close to the way this course plays so here," he stated. "Its a matter of trying to figure out how long the ball is going to release. Were used to flying it and stopping it a lot. So this week Ive been spending a lot of time figuring out, how far is a wedge going to release, how long is a 5-irong going to release." Hearn comes into the Open playing some of the best golf of his career. Hes had three top-10 finishes including a tie for sixth at the Players, and collected more than $1 million. He took some time off recently before returning to the Tour for the Greenbrier and the John Deere Classic, an event he nearly won a year ago. Hes now refreshed and ready to go in the Tours closing stretch, which will be an arduous campaign. "I feel good," Hearn admitted. "I had a really good break. I took three weeks off before coming back to Greenbrier. I havent played great since I came back – I played pretty average but I felt my game was really close at the Greenbrier and again last I week I felt it was really close. Obviously the scoring here is going to be a little bit different than the last couple of weeks but Im looking forward to it. I think my game is ready for it." And if he seems just a tad bit enthusiastic, forgive the guy. After all, this is like a dream come true. "Ive been a pro for 13 years and this is my first opportunity Ive had to play in the Open Championship so I was very excited to get over here and Im thrilled to be in the tournament. Its a big highlight for me." Hearn will also get dipped right into the fire on Thursday – hes teeing off alongside Sir Nick Faldo and Todd Hamilton, both past Open champions just after 10 am local time. Adam Eaton Jersey . The Giants chances of winning the division were dealt a serious blow by the three-game sweep at the hands of the lowly Padres. The Giants open a three-game series at Dodger Stadium on Monday night. San Francisco is still in good shape to clinch a wild-card berth, although it dropped into a tie with Pittsburgh in the race for the top spot. Jayson Werth Jersey . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning. http://www.baseballnationalsauthority.com/Shawn-Kelley-Jersey/ . Bookies were offering odds of 13/1 before kickoff that the home team Houston Dynamo would prevail by three goals to nil.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Phil Jackson offered a mea culpa for the New York Knicks awful first half of the season but said hes doing whats best for the franchises future.Days after trading away two of the teams best players and getting little in return, Jackson asked fans not to blame coach Derek Fisher because whats shaping up as the worst season in franchise history is his responsibility.The Knicks fell to an NBA-worst 5-35 with their 110-82 loss to Charlotte to extend the longest single-season skid in team history to 15 games.In anticipating that we were going to be better, that we were giving hope to our fans that maybe there was a possible playoff opportunity here, that goes on me, Jackson said.That we have to now take responsibility and move forward and make things happen, that also goes on me and now I have to do the job that I was brought in to do.Jackson had said before his first full season as the teams president of basketball operations that he thought the Knicks were capable of contending for a playoff spot, but now says that they obviously werent.But Jackson, part of two championship teams with the Knicks as a player and a title-winning coach with the Lakers and Bulls, insisted hes making moves that could turn around a franchise that hasnt won since that second title in 1973.Were going through this period of time and for some of the people that have been fans of this team have told me many times that theres been this impression that maybe the team should blow it up and should start over again and its never happened, Jackson said. Its always been going after the next big star.We kept searching for the big star to change our fortunes which has never happened in the last 45 years or so, so reality is that this is probably the best way to go about the business aand to begin and to restart and do it the right way and put it together in a way that really makes sense. Matt Wieters Jersey. Jackson traded guards J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland this week in a three-team deal that could leave the Knicks with more than $25 million in salary cap space next summer. Jackson said he hopes to bring in five to six new players next season.He acknowledged making the wrong decisions on the team he put together this season, though he was hamstrung for financial reasons. He may not be done making moves, saying the Knicks could be active at next months trade deadline.I just think that no one should be surprised in what we do from here on out, Jackson said.Jackson, who won an NBA-record 11 championships as a coach, praised Fisher for remaining optimistic and keeping the teams future goals in mind.I think in a lot of ways thats what leadership is, Fisher said. Its not to gloat and smile and be happy when things are going well and take all the credit, but to still be consistent and persistent in who you are when things arent going well.Jackson also spoke highly of Carmelo Anthony, who hopes to return soon from a sore left knee.But the All-Star forward might be one of the few Knicks who is still around next season. Jackson said this seasons group didnt learn the teams triangle offence as quickly as he hoped, necessitating some of the moves hes made and the next search for talent.Jackson said that hes lost some sleep trying to figure out ways to improve the Knicks, but believes it will happen. He said Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan, who gave Jackson his first chance to be a team executive in March, has remained supportive.We hope were on the right track, even though this isnt the track we anticipated, Jackson said. China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2019 Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 32 Gäste , gestern 32 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 647 Themen und 3936 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 229 Benutzer (04.06.2023 00:22).

disconnected Kadett C Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0